– It is a company that uses scientific and technological knowledge systematically and continuously to produce new goods or services with high added value.
– They mainly operate in top-level strategic sectors, such as microelectronics, biotechnology, medical device, nanotechnology, etc.
– They perform R & D in-house or in close cooperation with universities and research centers.
– Many start-ups are not technology-based companies.
– Similar terms: knowledge-based companies, new technology-based firms.
- Why do we need technology-based companies?
- What is a startup?
- What is a Technology Startup?
- EIBT-Sudoe European project for the development of technology-based companies.
- Definition and evolution of the term technology-based company (in madrimasd.org Spanish blog)